Who are we ?
We are a diverse group of women (and an emerging group of men) from different cultures and religious backgrounds coming together every month to pray for one another, our families, friends, communities and nations. We worship to seek God’s heart, we share our stories to give God thanks and to strengthen one another, and we share wisdom for life from God’s word.
Why Joshua Prayer ?
The inspiration for the name of this ministry is drawn from Joshua in the Bible. Although Moses led the children of Israel out of bondage from Egypt, and helped them to survive through the wilderness, it was Joshua who led Israel into the Promised Land. We seek to receive and experience the life, power and promises of God and to live out the purposes for which He has created us.
What do we believe ?
● We believe in God the Father, Jesus the Son of God and the Holy Spirit.
● God is good and He loves all people. He wants all people to know Him. He wants to bless all people. Nothing is impossible with God.
● Jesus Christ is LORD. He is the Messiah. He is the only way to God the Father. He is alive.
● The Holy Spirit is God. He empowers and transform lives today. Holy Spirit’s gifts demonstrates the love and power of God.
● The Bible is the Word of God. It is infallible and the foundation of everything we believe in and do.
● Obedience to His Word is key to experiencing blessings in our lives.
● Jesus is alive and He is still doing miracles today.
Why pray ?
● To put it simply, because God hears and answers our prayers and acts in response to them.
● Out of obedience to God, because God commanded us to pray (Luke 11).
● It’s the primary way we get to know that He is real and that He cares for us.
● We pray in obedience and faith so that we can experience God’s promises and the power of the Holy Spirit now.